In today’s episode, Thomas will tackle the ever-controversial topic of “website popups.”
He’ll cover what they are and why you should seriously consider an alternate method for building your Email list and getting users to take action on your website.
The main points we’ll cover:
- What do you mean by a “popup?”
- The answer to the “but it works” philosophy
- Don’t shame people into joining your Email list
- Compare your website usability to a grocery store
- Help a user accomplish what they want to do rather than what you want them to do
- Provide value without annoying or interrupting the user
- Adopt a “user-first” philosophy
Today’s Notable Tool
Bear App: An amazingly simple and organized “markdown” writing app for Mac and iOS. I use this to write Emails, articles, outlines, and just about everything else.
Links and Resources
Here are the links and resources shared during this episode:
Get Our Free Toolbox PDF
This brief, super-useful PDF highlights a number of useful WordPress plugins and resources we recommend to anyone running a WordPress website. To get it for free, simply enter your first name and Email below.